I got liposuction almost 1 year ago on my upper and lower tummy and flanks. (photos)

But I still have the thickness in the middle of my tummy like a shelf what would you recommend doing?

Liposuction vs. tummy tuck

Thank you for the question! It is rather difficult to fully assess your situation without an in-person exam. However, based on the photos you provided, you might be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck. It  would offer the most effective way to correct excessive skin and muscle separation. Although lipo can remove fat, it can't address flabby, hanging skin that often persists after weight loss. A full tummy tuck will not only remove excess fatty tissue, but also eliminate excess skin and abdominal muscles that have been separated and weakened by pregnancy or lack of activity. 

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon would be the best way to assess your needs and guarantee a reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.

Liposcution resutls & abdominals

My best advice would be for you to schedule an appointment to see your surgeon. There could be any number of factors affecting your results. Maybe you've gained some weight? Or perhaps liposuction wasn't aggressive enough for your desired outcome and you may want to consider a tummy tuck.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar 

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

LIPOSUCTION

It is better to go back with your surgeon and discuss your concerns. There are many factors that affect the results from liposuction and there are also many limitations in regard the results. Changes on the patient's weight, can affect the results, also liposuction does not make the skin or the muscles tight, etc. It is better to get an examination in person, to check the amount of extra skin on your abdomen, the abdominal wall, amount of fat under the skin and amount of fat in the abdominal cavity, etc.

Liposuction

You would need to be seen in person to be appropriately evaluated.  You might need to lose weight, you might need a tummy tuck, hard to say  without the exam.

I got liposuction almost 1 year ago on my upper and lower tummy and flanks

Before pictures would help a lot. For the best result, you are going to need a full tummy tuck due to the looseness in the skin. This is evident by the hooding over your belly button. You would more than likely need some additional liposuction done as well. Make sure to visit a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  At a year after liposuction your current results are long-term and should not change appreciably.  As a result your options for continued improvement include losing weight naturally through diet and exercise, a revision liposuction procedure to reduce the amount of adipose tissue present, or a a full tummy tuck to tighten your abdominal muscles and remove excess skin.  See an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation, they can offer you the best treatment recommendations based on your desired outcome.  

Liposuction?

Physical exam needed, but if you have not gained weight since the procedure, you may need a revision. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

I got liposuction almost 1 year ago on my upper and lower tummy and flanks.

Without seeing how things looked before lipo, it is hard to comment. But if you want more improvement, consider a Tummy Tuck. See link below for examples. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS