Lip injections or something serious? (Photo)

The right side of my lips is noticeably smaller than my left and I don't know if I should do something or if it's a problem. Or maybe I am just a big baby.

Lip Injections

Thank you for your question and your photograph. If your lip asymmetry is something that bothers you, then you might want to consider a hyaluronic acid filler to help add volume to the right side of your lip. Fillers are a good option because they are temporary and also allow for a more volume to be placed in one area or another. Hyaluronic acid products last around 6-8 months. I would suggest making an appointment with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area to discuss your concerns.

Hilton Head Island Plastic Surgeon

Lip Filler to Improve Symmetry

Your lips have a beautiful shape and there is certainly nothing wrong with them; that being said, I can see the slight upper asymmetry you mention. I think the important question to ask yourself is, do your lips affect your self confidence and is it worth time and money to you for this to be improved? If the answer is yes, a dermal filler such as Restylane would probably be your best option. Restlyane is a lightweight hyaluronic acid filler that can provide you with more symmetry and aid in collagen production over time. Filler is only temporary however, and will need to be repeated every 4-6 months on average, depending on the person. If you do decide to go the filler route, please seek a board-certified dermatologist who is a skilled and experienced injector and will work with you to create a customized treatment plan so that you may achieve your desired look. 

Dennis Gross, MD

Lip injections?

Your lips look fine.  I would not recommend any fillers to your lips.  They have a nice shape already and this mild asymmetry that you notice is not noticable to most.  Please do not have any filler to you lip.  Good luck.  Hope this helps. 
Dr Vasisht

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Lip Asymmetry

Lip asymmetry is very common as the research has shown that around 30 percent of adults have some form of it. If one side rises further up, it means that side will show more tooth and more gingival display in a full smile.
Your lip can be made more symmetric with a
little filler in the right side and perhaps a drop of botox.
Before and after examples of these procedures can be found.

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat -- Go Slow, Use Cannulas

Lip assymestry can be easily treated with fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane. I suggest consulting with a board certified cosmetic dermatologist for evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

Lip asymmetry

Not only are your lips asymmetric but so are your nostrils. We are all asymmetric. You might be able to get a bit more balance in the lips with fillers.

Lip Injections

There can often be some initial asymmetry with lip injections. It can take two more weeks to see the full effects and have the swelling resolved.  Please consult a specialist.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip Symmetry

Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear about your concerns. Injectable fillers such as Restylane Silk or Juvederm can help with overall symmetry.

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

Thanks for your question. This is a question that we get asked often by our patients. In my professional experience, it is possible to consistently gain better symmetry and overall shape of lips with injection of hyaluronic acid lip fillers as it allows you to completely reverse the results if you do not like them.  While these are temporary (lasting about 6 months) they are quick, simple and have minimal pain or down time. For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with dermal filler and hyaluronic acid cosmetic injections.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

Lip Asymmetry

All faces have minor asymmetries and it can be the differences that make people beautiful. If it is something that bothers you, filler can be a great solution. Taking a structural approach to lip filler allows me to make subtle enhancements while keeping the result very natural looking.

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon