I have heard about the vampire procedure, Does that type of cosmetic procedure helps with rejuvenation of skin?

I am interested in now that i am in my 40 what type of procedures I could use to give my skin a youthful look. I have used botox before but only on my forehead? Can I use botox around eyes and face?

Vampire Facial at 40

The 3 places known for Botox injections would be Forehead, Glabella and Crows feet. On occasion patients may have it injected in jawline and neck. I typically inject HA fillers for cheeks, smile lines and oral comissures. 40 years of age is ideal for having Vampire Facial as you will see wonderful results and change in your skin. 

Best

Dr. Green 

The Vampire Facelift® is perfectly suited for the 40s to improve volume, skin quality, and add a glow to the skin

Thank you for your question. You’re asking if the Vampire Facelift® procedure can help rejuvenate your skin. You also add  you’ve used Botox™ on your forehead, and ask if can you use it on your eyes and face. You state you’re in your 40s, so you are clearly exploring options to help maintain a youthful look.

I can certainly give you some guidance with this. I’m Board-certified cosmetic surgeon and Fellowship-trained oculofacial plastic and reconstructive surgeon. I have been in practice in Manhattan and Long Island for over 20 years. I’m a very active member of the Vampire Facelift® network of physicians. I’ve been a resource for the media when periodically, there’s a question about the Vampire Facelift®, so I’ve been featured in a few television shows, periodicals and newspapers regarding the treatment. It’s important to first understand what a Vampire Facelift® is because the terminology can be a little confusing.

The concept of Vampire Facelift® was developed by my friend and colleague, Dr.  Charles Runels. He came up with this name that gained a lot of attention in the media.He came up with a combination of two things to help people look younger, the first was restoration of volume, which is ideal for the 40s age range. Volume is added using one syringe of an injectable hyaluronic acid filler such Restylane or Juvederm, which is placed strategically in various areas of the face to help add structure. The vampire part of this treatment is the use of your own blood, then separating a concentration from it called platelet-rich plasma (PRP). This is the part of the blood necessary for wound healing, basically what you need when you get a cut, and it also stimulates blood supply and new collagen.

When you have this combination, it has a remarkable rejuvenating effect on the skin when you inject PRP or platelet-rich plasma in the skin. We use PRP in our practice to improve wrinkles, skin discolorations, scar treatment, and to treat acne scars. For skin complexion, it adds a beautiful glow to the skin.

Can PRP be combined with other treatments? Absolutely! Can it combined with Botox™? Definitely! It’s not by accident that Botox™ is the number one non-surgical cosmetic procedure. Botox™ is a neurotoxin which relaxes muscles which can be used for forehead lines, crow’s feet lines, for the ridge under the smile lines, for the ridge under the margin of the eyelid, for bunny lines, for gummy smiles, and for drooping lips. For the face alone, there are many opportunities to use Botox™.  

So when you are starting to explore options to help look your best, I think the options available to you are pretty significant, and the key is to find the right doctor who can guide you. I always tell my patients who have been with me for many years is that I’m basically their primary care doctor for beauty. Although I’m a surgeon and I can do a lot of different things -  in our practice, we offer everything from skin care products to lasers, to microdermabrasion, microneedling, and  minimally invasive procedures such as injectables like PRP and hyaluronic acid fillers, to advanced surgical procedures. What is important is finding a doctor you can trust and will guide you along the way.

I can’t stress enough the importance of looking natural. More people are unfortunately, looking less natural these days, and are getting undesirable attention because of how unnatural they look, which scares a lot of people away from cosmetic procedures. Often when we see our patients they say something like, “I want to improve my lips, but I don’t want to look like such-and-such celebrity.” Finding the right doctor who shares your aesthetic, and has experience with treatments like the Vampire Facelift®,PRP, or other modalities, can help find the right combination that works best for you.I hope that was helpful, I wish you the best of luck and thank you for your question.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Vampire Lift for 40's

In my opinion it just depends on the kind of results you expect. What we do is inject the PRP and we also inject filler so you will see instant results right after the procedure. Treatments are usually completed in under an hour. Because most of what's being injected comes from your own body, Vampire Facelifts pose a minimal risk and low side effects. Patients may experience some redness, discomfort, swelling, tenderness, bruising, and lumps, but these symptoms usually go away within a couple of days. You can look up pictures of the Vampire FaceLift but be sure it's the LIFT not the Vampire Facial.

Non-surgical Skin Rejuvenation at 40

Dear princessyf:Aging affects each of us differently. During the early years, the skin actively repairs itself but after 30 passive declines in structure and function. Depending on the desired effect you wish to achieve at the age of 40 without a in-person evaluation, consider:
  • Botox
  • ZO Skin Health
  • Sculptra
  • HA fillers.
I have yet to see the injection of PRP into the subcutaneous facial skin show any tangible improvement in tightening nor rejuvenation. I do believe PRP works well for fine lines, mild firming and acne scarring with micro-needling. 
For more information, please reference the link below.
All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

PRP for Face Skin Rejuvenation / Vampire Facial --- Combine with Lasers, Microneedling

I find this is very great for rejuvenation but needs to be combined with lasers, fillers, or skin tightening to get the ultimate outcomes.  Dr. Emer.

Skin rejuvenation...

I suggest visiting with a provider that offers the services you are interested in and is a core aesthetic physician (facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, or dermatologist). A consultation a plan can be established to help you reach your goals. 
A PRP (platelet rich plasma) Microneedling session can certainly help to rejuvenate the skin. Please click my link for greater details. Best results are often seen after a series of three sessions and can be combined with injection of fillers or the PRP/ PRFM (platelet rich fibrin matrix), which is derived from your own blood products. 
Botox can be used around the eyes and other regions of the face, but your core provider can help to guide you where it is actually needed on you. Check out my video on how Botox is used in a preventative manner. 
Good luck!

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Microneedling with PRP

It sounds like you are referring to microneedling with PRP, commonly called the vampire facial.  Microneedling with PRP is a great treatment for smoothing fine lines and wrinkles, correcting scars, increasing plumpness and overall rejuvenation of the skin.  The procedure involves taking a small blood sample from your body and separating the PRP (platelet rich plasma) from the other components.  The PRP is then topically applied to the skin following a microneedling procedure.  PRP releases growth factors into the deeper layers of the skin to stimulate new collagen and elastin.  I've been very impressed with the results in my practice.
Botox is commonly used for the smoothing the facial wrinkles of the forehead, between the brows (glabellar region) and around the corners of the eyes (crow's feet).
I hope that helps.  Good luck!

Chaneve Jeanniton, MD
Brooklyn Oculoplastic Surgeon