Is Fraxel dual OK to use for dark skin for acne spots/scars?

Fraxel in darker skin types

Yes, Fraxel Dual can be used on patients with dark skin types as long as the settings are appropriately adjusted. When using the Fraxel Dual on darker skin types, lower energy settings and lower treatment coverages are used. Because of this, more than the typical 2-4 treatment sessions are usually required. Microneedling also works well for patients with dark skin types and acne scars.

Fraxel Dual for dark skin

Fraxel Dual is a great option for dark skin when used cautiously and in the right hands. In general, it is better to go low and slow, so results may take longer to see and you may need more sessions overall. I recommend seeking a board-certified dermatologist who has experience with treatment of darker skin types. Thank you for your question and good luck.

Sophia V. Mai, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Fraxel is Great!

Fraxel can be used on darker skinned individuals if it is done at the right settings.  I suggest speaking to a cosmetic dermatologist who specializes in lasers and treating those with darker skin types.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Thanks for your query. Fraxel and E matrix works wonders for stretch marks and if they are red , it’s even better and chances of a better result are more. So, you should plan a visit to the doctor as early as possible. Hope it helps.

All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon