Compression garments - I'm 27 days post op mommy complete makeover. (photo)

My PS ordered one Veronique 3/4 length arms bust TTcompression garment that hooks on bottom. Had to stop using. 3days due to complication of extreme impactation , garment won't fit ,I'm wondering if I don't wear a compression garment or binder could jeopardize my results ? my PS told me its ok first we need to deal with the constipation. My question is where can I get a binder that is adjustable and provides support as my distended tummy goes down. 

Compression Garments Following your Mommy Makeover

The purpose of the post-procedure #garment is to provide some gentle #support and to reduce swelling following a #TummyTuck or #Abdominoplasty. If it feels too tight or causes pain, take it off. Patients wear the #elastic garment for several weeks after surgery, as directed by their doctor. Some choose to wear it longer for several months for comfort.

If you have concerns about your #healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined.

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Compression Garment

Hello and thank you for your question!  Your plastic surgeon is correct about dealing with the constipation first as this can cause more adverse effects moving forward.  I would advise you to go see your plastic surgeon for an in-person evaluation and be examined to determine best garment suitable for you.  Please talk to your surgeon with your concerns and keep him/her posted. I hope this helps and best of luck to you!

Jon Paul Trevisani, MD, FACS
Maitland Plastic Surgeon

Compression Garment

Thank you very much for your question.

Really, the best person to answer this question is your plastic surgeon.  They know you, and your surgery best, and can provide the most specific recommendations.  I wouldn't want to recommend a particular garment that would be contrary to your doctor's wishes.

Dr. Dan Krochmal

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon