Why my breast look like this? What should I do if I went out of state? What should I do I don't want it to get worse? (photo)

My right breast wasn't like this at first but a couple days after surgery it began to get like this and it has begun to get worse over time and I'm 2 weeks post op as of tomorrow May 3rd. What should I do? I went to Spectrum Aesthetics Dr. Mel Ortega

Hello, thank you for your question and photos. I'm sorry you are having healing difficulties. In my opinion, you have likely experienced some #wound #separation and may also be developing an #infection. It is best that you see your #board #certified #plastic #surgeon for an evaluation and an effective wound/infection #treatment #plan as soon as possible. Best wishes!

Out of state Breast aug... what to do in case of complications?

I am sorry that you are having issues about your procedure and thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

From your pictures it seems that you have an infection. It is important that you are taken care of ASAP to prevent further complications. Your surgeon should be aware and I should evaluate you. If geographically to far, go to the closest emergency department and ask for a plastic surgeon evaluation. 

Wishing you the best in your journey

Local wound care

It looks like you and some separation and now delayed healing of the incision. If it is superficial, then it likely will heal with local wound care.

Follow-up

You need to be seen by your surgeon................................................................................................................................................

Post op healing

From your photographs I am suspicious that you have some wound healing problems and could have an underlying infection. This needs to be addressed by a plastic surgeon who can see you in person and assess you. I would recommend you call your chosen plastic surgeon for recommendations for other plastic surgeons that he may now in the area in which you live. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast

It looks like your breast could be infected and the incision line may open. You need to go back to your surgeon or find one in your area.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Why does my breast look like this? What should I do if I went out of state?

Your photos do look like you might have an infection, and you should be seen by a plastic surgeon locally. After care can be very important and is often not considered when patients travel for plastic surgery.

Healing problem

It appears that you had inverted T shaped breast lift.  You have a problem of healing, which may be due to infection or other causes.  In general, this type of delayed healing is treated by local wound care.  Particularly if you do not have implants (I mean you had augmentation and lift together), the risk of significant complication is low.  Recommend you to your plastic surgeon for more guidance.

Alex Kim, MD

Will need a recheck

Your incision is at risk for opening and for you to develop and infection.
You will need a recheck by a local plastic surgeon.

Possible breast infection

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems after your breast augmentation/mastopexy.  It looks like you may have some breakdown of the incision and it may be infected.  This should be evaluated by your plastic surgeon as soon as possible.  If you were treated out of state, you may need to go to the emergency room to be evaluated and put on antibiotics.  It is always better to return to your own physician if at all possible as they are most familiar with your case.  Best of luck to you. 

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon