Can you get the appearance of wider hips with the use of oval butt implants.

I'd live to have my butt implants redone because the doctor who put

Wider hips with oval implants?

Hi and thanks for your question. The best way to achieve lateral fullness is combining buttocks implants with fat transfer, otherwise the risk to make implants evident is high.

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Wider hips with oval buttock implants?

If properly sized, Stanton Anatomic oval buttock implants can add just as much hip projection as round implants. The implant should be sized to the outer width of the gluteus maximus muscle thus rolling up its edge and providing some hip projection. Glad to help. 

Ryan Stanton, MD

Butt implants

Buttock implants do not usually add much to the outer lateral thigh region. It works more for central buttock augmentation.

Wider hips

In order to get the wider hips look that you are hoping for, I would suggest ensuring that your implant is in the central projection and fat grafting for the lateral hips. It would be a more natural appearance with less risk of implant malposition especially if you are active. The fat grafting would give you the wider hips, or "bubble butt" appearance you are looking for. 

Please see examples below. 

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Butt implants

Most Plastic surgeons do not perform actual butt augmentation with implants. We do but the best results for filling out the hips comes primarily fm BBL or fat transfer to the butt. There are much less complications with fat transfer than with implants. I would suggest including pictures with this question or sending them for a virtual consult to give you the best advice.

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon