What activities can I participate in today marks one week. How can I sleep? My drains were removed today as well. (photo)

Drains were removed today. What activities should I be doing today marks one week.

Post-Op Mommy Makeover Healing

Healing after the all procedures will take time. I have my patients out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake. I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred. No lifting or straining. At three weeks increased level of activity and full, no restrictions, at 6 weeks. You can always confirm with your surgeon the healing process expected by your surgeon for your procedures.

Mommy Makeover - Post Op Exercise

Thank you for your question. Most patients are cleared to exercise by 6 - 8 weeks following a tummy tuck. You may return to walking and light lifting sooner, but would not perform any core exercises until cleared by your surgeon. It is best to have an in-person follow up examination with your plastic surgeon for recommendations regarding what you should and should not be doing at this time. Good luck with your recovery.

Breast lift with implants and tummy tuck - activity at one week

Thank you for asking about your surgery.

• It appears you have had a breast lift with implants and a tummy tuck.
  • Your activity has to be guided by your own surgeon.
  • Generally I do not allow my breast surgery patients to do more exercise than walking for the first 2 weeks.
  • Excessive exercise increases the risk of infection.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Activities Post Op

It is too early to consider exercise with the exception of walking.  Sleeping on your side with pillows, and under your knees will help with comfort.  Follow up with your surgeon for his instructions for post op care.

What activities can i participate in today marks one week. How can I sleep? My drains were removed today as well.

It should be safe to walk as tolerated at this point, but it is much too early to start any exercising.  Sleeping on your back or sides should be OK, but keep you abdomen moderately flexed with pillows or other soft support.  Check with your surgeon for their recommendations on when to start other activities.  They will be a be to give you advice on how to proceed from here.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Activities post operatively

This question is best answered by your surgeon as he/she has been following you in the recovery process.  In general at one week post op you are able and encouraged to walk around as you feel comfortable.  No heavy lifting yet.  You will be most comfortable sleeping on your back, but use pillows for support.  Some good areas to try pillows are under your knees or tucked under one side of your back to help take pressure off.  Good luck!

Camille Cash, MD