What should I do? I really want tummy tuck to be my last resort! Can I be a candidate for aggressive lipo full torso? (Photo)

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting and Tummy Tuck

Unfortunately you need both liposuction and tummy tuck and should go to someone who does this on the same day and can do full body contouring ... using your fat to recontour your breasts and buttocks as well.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Tummy Tuck vs Lipo

Based on seeing your pictures, and the amount of loose skin and elasticity that you have, I would think a tummy tuck would give you the best result. By just doing aggressive liposuction, you are still going to be left with loose, saggy abdominal skin if not more, post lipo.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty versus liposuction of the abdomen.

I don't think you get a very good result with liposuction of the abdomen. Abdominoplasty in my opinion is really the only way to go. I do think you can expect a good result with liposuction of the flank area.

Liposuction vs Abdominoplasty

Dear Ms. BabyNeice,

Thank you for your story, questions and posted photos.

My responses:
1)we all have both internal fat (located on your internal organs and pushing your belly outward) and external fat (on top of your muscles). Internal fat can not be treated by either liposuction or tummy tuck...only weight loss.

2)You did not mention your current height or weight or if you have had children. We often calculate body mass index (BMI) that helps us give you better advice. I recommend that you attain you goal weight prior to surgery. If you have had children you most likely have a separation of the two vertical abdominal muscles (that are not repaired with liposuction).

3)their are three types tummy tucks:
a) traditional (muscle repaired from breast bone to pubic bone)
b) mini (muscle repaired from umbilicus (tummy button) to pubic bone)
c) extended (like traditional tummy tuck but extends around at to hip area
all will remove excess fat and skin of the lower abdomen. The remaining skin is stretched tight resulting in smooth abdominal appearance.

4)liposuction will remove only external fat but may leave your skin loose and hanging.
liposuction will not repair separated muscles

5)both liposuction and tummy tuck are often done together, except in the upper abdomen (May reduce blood flow and cause healing/flap problems at the tummy tuck incision.

6) the types of liposuction are:
a)traditional suction asst. Liposuction (SAL)
b) ultrasonic asst. liposuction (UAL)
c) power asst. liposuction (PAL)
d) laser asst. liposuction (LAL)
e) water asst liposuction (WAL)
are all effective and are secondary to the experience of the Plastic Surgeon.

7)non surgical methods to help "shrink skin" after liposuction use RF:
a) Vellashape III
b) Thermi tight

Conclusion:
1) based on limited information and not being able to evaluate you in person I would recommend you reach your goal weight and then have a traditional tummy tuck and liposuction to contour the flank areas.

2) I suggest you make several appointments with different Plastic Surgeons who are Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).

My best,

R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Diplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery
wwwimagineplasticsurgery.com
4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506
(951) 686-7600

The most beautiful result

You have to acknowledge that once you have developed the severe degree of saggy skin, stretch marks, loose muscle as is your case, liposuction will only make your abdomen saggier (your skin will spill over the clothes and underwear) and the muscle will remain as loose.
So, unfortunately you are a great candidate for a Tummy Tuck and muscle repair in order to achieve a flat and tight abdomen and a super nice, small waist. The incision will only be see by you and your partner in the intimacy because it will be covered easily with a tiny bikini.
Be encouraged. 

Tummy Tuck

Hi and thank you for your questions and pictures.  Just from your pictures alone, you do not appear to be a good candidate for aggressive liposuction alone.  Liposuction works best for areas with localized fat and fairly good skin quality (such as your flanks).  Your abdomen however has loose stretched out skin that needs to be removed to give you the best result.  Good luck!

Tummy Tuck Versus Lipo

Please view the attached video to help you better understand why tummy tuck is a much better option than liposuction. Liposuction alone and you would give you a very poor result. Best of luck!

Dr. Subbio

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

I really want tummy tuck to be my last resort! Can I be a candidate for aggressive lipo full torso?

Thanks for your photos.  You appear to be a very good candidate for liposuction of the grab handles combined with a tummy tuck for excess skin removal and muscle tightening.  Liposuction alone could be performed but will leave the muscle relaxation and all of the extra skin and be unlikely to give you a satisfying improvement.  Watch the video below for more info and good luck with your decision.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, Am Bd of Plastic Surgery
Member, Am. Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, CA

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Liposuction vs Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question.  While you would still benefit from liposuction of the flanks and back, you would not be a good candidate for liposuction of the abdomen without eventually needing a tummy tuck.  Liposuction of the abdomen will only make your excess skin appear worse.  Consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons in your area to discuss your options.  Best wishes!

Lipo vs tummy tuck

You look like an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck, but if you absolutely do not want to have the incision from that procedure and you just want to flatten the abdomen and waist a bit because of fatty tissue under the skin knowing that the s kin may look a bit worse, then liposuction may be ok.