Is it true that most doctors reject the ultrasonic liposuction? And the FDA does not approve this machine?

If so why are so many doctors still using ? Should I avoid these doctors?

FDA-Approved Ultrasonic Liposuction, VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting and Tummy Tuck

VASER is FDA-approved ultrasonic liposuction. I use it to create 6-pack abs. Please see an expert to find out which treatments are best for you. Best, Dr. Emer

FDA approves surgical ultrasonic liposuction nachine

Vaser is FDA approved liposuction machine.. It is energy based machine with better control  to give good results in difficult areas. non surgical/ extra corporeal ulrasound machine are not FDA approved for fat reduction

Milan Doshi, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

Ultrasonic liposuction

Ultrasonic liposuction is just one modality to perform liposuction. I have used it, and I do not think it is superior to any other that is available. Best of luck.

Ultrasonic Liposuction

It is my personal opinion that ultrasonic liposuction was never shown to be superior to non ultrasonic suction in a prospective randomized double blind study. I dont use it.Thanks

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

I am not sure what ultrasonic liposuction machine you are referring to. There are many internal ultrasonic liposuction machines that are FDA approved. Some of the external ultrasonic machines that promote fat dissolution may not be approved for fat reduction.

Ultrasonic liposuction - is it FDA approved

Thank you for asking about your ultrasonic liposuction.
  • A very complex question.
  • It depends on what machine you have in mind -
  • And if it is for office fat reduction or for surgical liposuction.
  • The Lipotron is a non-FDA approved machine that claims to melt fat without surgery using ultrasound.
  • The FDA has not approved its used - 
  • there are FDA approved office fat reduction machines that use ultrasound. 
  • Office machines, at most, reduce fat by 20% - which isn't much.
  • Surgical liposuction can reduce fat at 50% or more - 
  • The Vaser is a surgical liposuction machine that is FDA approved and using ultrasound.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS