Can you have muscle deformity with silicone implants over the muscle?

I just had saline implants removed from under muscle due to muscle pain and the muscle deformity. I now have silicone over muscle but am still have that deformity when I flex. Is this normal?

Muscle issue

If the implants are placed above the muscle, you shouldn't be getting this.  It may be related to scar tissue.  Hard to say without an exam.

Muscle issue

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Muscle deformity with silicone implants over the muscle.

Muscle deformity and shifting should not be an issue with subglandular implants, though you might still have some motion from the old pocket if the muscle is not firmly attached. Rest and let your doctor have a look. 

Thank you for sharing your question.  Muscle animation should not occur with implants placed beneath the breast tissue but above the pectoralis.  That said if you had an aggressive muscle release for placement of the implants you may have some residual contraction issues.  Talk to your surgeon or if you could post representative images that would offer more information. 

Animation deformity with Over the muscle implant placement??

Animation deformity is common with under the muscle breast augmentation especially during pectoralis major muscle contraction (i.e., flexing of the chest muscles).

However, this should not be happening with over the muscle implant placement, simply because the muscle cannot apply pressure on the implant. So this is not normal, and it may not be the muscle which is causing the deformity.

Please have your surgeon take a look to figure out the problem.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

Post op

curious to see pictures.  what type of implants? textured?  is the pain gone?.........................

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Post op

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Breast deformity when flexing muscles

You indicated that you had a deformity when you had saline implants that were under the muscle, and that replacing them over the muscle with silicone implants failed to correct the problem. It's possible that the implants have slipped back into there old pockets, as generally this would not be the case. I am not in favor of placing implants over the muscle particularly in puts with little breast tissue, as this sets the stage for a number of future problems. I would ask your surgeon to review the results with you.

Breast deformity when flexing muscles

Muscle deformity

Movement of the implant with Pec major muscle contraction will happen more commonly with sub-muscular implants.  You can still get some movement of an implant on top of the muscle, just like your native breast tissue can move when you flex your muscle.

Muscle deformity