I am 12 days post-op and the area above my incision seems hard and puffy. How much of this is swelling at this point? (photos)

What can I do other than compression to improve this? Also, when I take my garment off in the evening, I feel a dent above it, can that become permanent? There is alot of pressure in the area at the end of the day, as I have a job that keeps me on my feet all day.

I am 12 days post-op and the area above my incision seems hard and puffy. How much of this is swelling at this point?

After the Tummy Tuck operation the recovery period depends on your physical status, age, general health and condition mainly. The operation itself does not take too long therefore you receive a mild anesthesia. Since the anesthesia that you receive is mild; you will not have problems associated with anesthetic agents after the operation. This is especially important and can be achieved with only a team of plastic surgeons like we have. After the operation you will have stiches and bandages which will be removed after the 10th day. You can start to do your daily activities 3 days after the operation but we do not advise you heavy lifting, running or activities that require excess physical activity. The more you rest, the faster your recovery will be.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and series of photographs. It is difficult without an in-person examination to determine what may be taking place. Most commonly this is residual swelling from surgery which will spontaneously resolve but it would be important to voice your concerns to your surgeon to ensure that other issues are not taking place - discrete fluid collection, muscle laxity, or residual adipose tissue.

Tummy Tuck

It's too early to judge its appearance, as it is difficult to determine as swelling may last several months. I'd recommend speaking with your with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon again to discuss your concerns.

Take care.

Recovery

You can start gentle massage in the area above the incision to help the swelling and irregularities if fine with your surgeon.  In order to prevent your garment from causing dents on the area that is swollen, a board or foam is sometimes used to keep the compression even on your anterior abdomen. 

12 days post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
It's too early to make value judgments with only 12 days after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tummy Tuck / Mini Tummy Tuck /Abdominoplasty/ Liposuction/ Reverse Abdominoplasty/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon