Will this huge flat spot on left breast get better or is something wrong? (Photo)

I'm so stressed out and I called my ps and he just says it's to early to wait. I'm 11 days post op and won't see him for 5 weeks. I'm so worried

11 days post op

Try not to worry about the contour irregularities midline right now. You can expect this to soften and change a lot over the next few months. Unless you see any sudden, concerning changes, you should be fine to wait until your next appointment.

All the best

Early post-op breast augmentation

You are early post-op and the breasts will likely change in shape and look over the next few months. Good luck.

Please be patient

You will need 4-6 weeks minimum to get to your final result.  Go to all of your post op appointments, and ask your doctor about displacement exercises.  Best of luck to you!

Nicholas Husni, MD, PhD, FACS
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

What to expect 11 days after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. It is very early in the post operative period.  It can take several weeks or months for you to see the final result.  Best of luck to you!

Chad Robbins, MD

BBA results

I know it's difficult to have patience following your breast augmentation surgery. It is natural to be excited to see your final result. Please keep in mind that this takes time and what you see now is not a final result. Best of luck!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Swelling can cause breasts to look strange in the early aftermath of breast augmentation.

It's too early to worry about the shape of the breast implants. There still a sizable amount of swelling. Before worrying allow this to completely resolve. The problem is likely to fix itself.

Early in recovery phase

At 11 days after surgery, you're very early in the postoperative healing phase and a lot of changes can be expected ,both in size due to swelling and location of the implant in the pocket. At this point, I wouldn't worry about asymmetries as it is very common to see them. I recommend keeping your appointment five weeks from now and not stressing at all about it until then. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS