Can I go bigger? (Photos)

I am a 5'1 103lb 36 yo mother of 2. I recently went to a consultation but was only given 2 options as far as cc's. 275 or 300cc. I am going with silicon, under the muscle along with a lift. I don't want to be huge, but I do want to be about a full C to a small D, which I told the Dr. I went with 300, but now I'm beginning to feel that that may be to small. Given my petite frame, could I go a little bigger and still be safe, and look right?

Best Implant size with lift

It is very difficult to determine if you need a lift or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 350 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in a bit.

#BA
#breastaugmentaion
#breastimplant

Can I go bigger?

The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue for the first 3 to 4 months! 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Choosing implants

Your best bet when you are trying to decide on implants is to try on sizers of the exact implant you are considering inside a very tight sports bra. This will give you a close idea of what you will look like. More importantly the dimensions or width of the implants need to match and fit your frame and body. If you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon with an expertise in breast augmentation he or she should be able to help you with this in their office. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #breastaugmentation #realself #breastlift

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Implant

With your current breast tissue, a 300 cc implant will get you to a D cup range.  With larger implants you risk future skin stretching and recurrent ptosis.  I would recommend you stay with a conservative breast implant size as your surgeon suggested. 

Breast lift and implant

You likely could go with a larger size depending on your breast measurements and how narrow the implant base is. Talk to your surgeon again about your concern and try on implants again. But remember also that the larger the implant the more weight that there will be to start recurrence of your sagging issue after your lift. Consider all this while you and your surgeon are deciding on implant size. Good luck.

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a breast augmentation with a lift.  You can likely select an implant size larger than 300cc, but only an in-person evaluation can give you the most accurate advice. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Can I go bigger breast implant?

Thank you for your question and photo.  The size of breast implant will depend upon a measurement of the base width of your breast which your plastic surgeon most likely measured.  I assume they 300 cc implant was a moderate profile plus  silicone implant.  If so you may be able to go larger with a high profile implant which has a narrower base.  Please see your plastic surgeon again to make certain that you're comfortable with the size that will be used.  Do not rely on Internet advice but on the advice of the surgeon who examined you.

Going Bigger

In truth an in-person exam would be needed to give you the most accurate advice.  However, the size of implant that you could go to is likely larger than 300.  Each surgeon will have their preference on size if there is a breast implant with a lift being performed.  There is often hesitation to use too large an implant at the time of the lift due to possible complications.  My opinion is you could use a larger implant safely.  You might consider getting another surgeon's opinion.  Certainly ask your surgeon if you could go with a larger implant and see what they think.  Best wishes.

Levi J. Young, MD
Overland Park Plastic Surgeon

Can I go bigger?

Thank you for your question. Implant selection is an important process and requires good communication between you and your surgeon. Typically, breast measurements are initially obtained to provide an initial guide to implants appropriate for your chest. It's then advised that you try different sizers in a normal bra with a tight t-shirt to get an idea of what your breasts would look like. It's important to focus on the look that you want instead of a specific cup size or implant size. Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS