Lift/augmentation in 2 different surgeries? (Photo)

I am a 36c- measurements - 25cm -good volume per 2 surgeons. In both consultations I have been to, they say separate surgeries are best and may have such results after the lift that I may not desire implants afterwards. I am not unhappy with my size But don't want the "flat" look on top- With a lift and such deflated breasts is it possible to be a little full on top with out implants?? I really do not have the down time to take for 2 surgeries much less another 5 grand:(

If you're certain about the implant, do it in 1 surgery

Yes, you have plenty of breast tissue. But if you are looking for the fullness in the top without a bra, then you need an implant. There is no reason to stage it as long as you find a surgeon comfortable with doing it in 1 stage. Good luck!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Implant with lift or wait.

I think your statement that you are satisfied with your size, just not the flatness of the upper breast reveals that a lift alone will likely meet your desires. There are different technics to maintain the upper pole volume so seek a surgeon that will explain those to you. If you would require an implant it can always be performed at a later time.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and augmentation

Helllo Dear, 

Thank for your question,This procedure combines a breast lift with a breast augmentation in a single operative session. The lift is used to reposition the breast higher on the chest while the implant is used to give, or restore, upper pole fullness at the top of the breast. I think that you can combine both in just one surgery, beacause the implants going to help your breast looking fullness, but I also recommend to talk clearly with your plastic surgeon explaning what your objetives are. Good luck and best wishes. :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

One stage lift and implants

I routinely do my breast lifts with implants in one procedure. Only rarely, when the patient is unsure as to whether they need an implant and may be happy with just the left would we ever stage it. If the patient wants very large implants I may sometimes do that first and then only do a lift afterwords if they think it will improve the position on the chest wall. In plastic surgery there are many ways to skin a cat, and usually none of them are wrong. Good luck with your anticipated surgery

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Lift/augmentation in two different surgeries?

In cases of very severe ptosis(sag) it is best to perform a lift first and an augmentation later in a second operation. Your case does not appear that severe and, although a staged approach is reasonable, a combined procedure is also an option to avoid two operations. Best wishes.

David A. Bottger, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Lift/augmentation same surgery

Based on the pictures, I think you would be a good candidate for either a lift alone or a lift combined with implants ,which is a common combination of procedures . The combo procedure will give you more fullness that the lift alone. Both are perfectly acceptable options . You need to discuss clearly with you surgeon what your goals are.

Michael H. Wojtanowski, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift and Augmentation Can Be Done at the Same Time

I believe that a small implant, along with a breast lift, may help accomplish your desired result. Both surgeries can definitely be safely done at the same time. I've taken care of patients similar to you and you can check the link below to see photos of their results with implants. On the site, you'll also find photos of women who had a lift without implants. I believe that only you can answer the question of whether you'll be satisfied with  or without implants. Either way, I recommend that you ask your surgeon if he or she performs the I.D.E.A.L. Breast Lift.

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Two stage surgery

There are times when I suggest doing an augmentation and a lift in two stages. This is in a patient who wants very large implants. If your only looking for a slight increase in volume and a more youthful position for your breasts, I don't see why you couldn't have both surgeries at once. This is however one of the most complicated combinations in plastic surgery and has its risks. Hope this helps!

Together

Thank you for your question.  I routinely do implants and lifts at the same time even in patients with much droopier breasts than yours.  I do not see a problem doing both at the same time with your breast the way that they are.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation-mastopexy

While it is true that breast lift with simultaneous augmentation may be more challenging and may result in higher rate of complications, it can be safely performed in appropriately selected patients. Based on your picture and brief history, you should be a good candidate for it. Besides, lift alone may not give you the "desired look."

Zakir Sabry MD