What could this hard/bone like lump above my incision be? (Photo)

I noticed after taking a shower I had a very hard ball above my incision scar. I had my breast augmentation done 5 weeks ago & I am just now noticing this. It doesn't hurt is just very hard. Could it be scar tissue?

5 Weeks Post Op Lump

It would be difficult to say without an exam. I recommend that you ask your Plastic Surgeon to assess this in person. Further investigation/imaging may be done.

All the best

1 month post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Hard lump

Thank you for your recent question and photo! To be on the safe side I would recommend you follow up with a face to face exam with your plastic surgeon! Best of luck!

Lump under breast

You should see your surgeon in person to determine what the lump might be.  Best of luck..............

What could this hard/bone like lump above my incision be?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  It is unclear what this lump is and it should be investigated by your surgeon.  This may be a suture related issue, due to your chest muscle, tissue swelling, or a discrete fluid collection.  Talk to your surgeon, they can identify the cause of this lump and offer treatment recommendations.  Hope this helps.

Hard bump

That looks like something that is better to be shown to your surgeon for evaluation. A bit unusual at this point and they know what exactly was done and will also be able to actually see/feel it.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Have your surgeon evaluate this

It would be unusual to have scar tissue present as you describe.  I would advise that you follow up with your surgeon as soon as possible to have this evaluated. 

Superficial Lump Near Incision

There are a number of possible reasons for a firm area in the first few months after a breast augmentation surgery.  If there is no pain, redness, or warmth it is unlikely an infection.  If it can be compressed it may be the implant.  If it's not tender but constant it could be a small resolving hematoma or seroma or an inflamed vein.  Scars are sometimes palpable beneath the skin around the incision, but in my experience they don't don't cause a visible lump in the skin.

Samuel Beran, MD