Should I find a new surgeon/second opinion and legal advice all at the same time? (photos)

I had surgery 11-2-15 to correct capsular contracture in my left breast. Additions surgery 12-14-15 contracture was still present and the surgeon moved my pocket d for some reason downward at that time. The implant bottomed out and there was still scar tissue pulling it to one side. Another surgery 3-25-16. Now the pocket is sewed to high near my cleavage and may need another surgery to release. My surgeon stated he over corrected because he thought gravity would pull it down.

Revision Breast Surgery

So sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory result. Uncertain patients, recurrent capsular contracture can be a real problem. Fortunately, there are good options out there. Visiting another ABPS certified surgeon for another Opinnion would be helpful. You may qualify for some financial help as in replacement implants at from the breast company. Waiting and allowing your tissues to relax is never a bad idea. I know it frustrating to go through,but capsular contracture is a known accepted complication of breast augmentation that is within the standard of care and thus highly unlikely to be grounds for a lawsuit.

Hope this helped and best of luck!

Recurrent capsular contracture

I'm sorry to hear about your current problems with your left breast but it sounds like your surgeon has had their hands full. I would recommend that you see another board-certified plastic surgeon with experience in revision breast cosmetic surgery and get a second opinion. At this point, if you're my patient, I would give strong consideration to adding Strattice which, in my experience, has been resistant to capsular contracture. I don't see anything in your description that would warrant a trip to a lawyer. I would first concentrate on getting everything back to normal. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Should I find a new surgeon/second opinion and legal advice all at the same time?

I am sorry to hear about the problems your experience. It certainly sounds like you may benefit from a second opinion consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who have demonstrable experience helping patients with revisionary breast surgery.   There is nothing  in your description however that  suggests that "legal advice" would be worthwhile.  Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with at some point.