I'm 4 Days Post Op, and I Don't Want Them to Drop Lower on my Chest? (photo)

I am very pleased with my results and I showed my doctor a picture of the natural dream boobs I wanted to achieve and he did great! I know I am less than a week post -op and that they have a lot of changing to do, but they feel so heavy. Now when my muscle relaxes and the implants drop are my breast going to drop even lower on my chest? I like where they are now and I feel if they drop any lower on my chest they will look saggy! Are they going to drop more on the outside as well just the inside?

I'm 4 Days Post Op, and I Don't Want Them to Drop Lower on my Chest?

Not every patient gets high riding breasts. Typically the implants look fine during surgery, while the pectoral muscles are relaxed. Then, when the anesthetic has worn off, the muscles tighten, often causing the implants to bulge in the upper pole. I don't see that in you at all. Since the implants are not high riding, I would not expect them to drop. 

Like all large breasts-natural or implanted, the tendency toward ptosis (sag) is increased. Wearing support brassieres especially when exercising is the best prevention.

All the best. 

Breast Aug 4 Days Ago, Will My Breasts Drop More?

I'm so glad that you are happy with your results!  You are very fresh out of surgery, so you are most likely still swollen.  I agree with the other surgeons, that they will most likely drop more over time.  I recommend wearing a supportive bra and not going braless very often.  If they drop more than you want, you may want to talk to your surgeon about a lift in the future.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Descent

Over time your breasts may droop some more.  Here are some things you can do to help maintain your shape: wear a good supportive bra, wear a sports bra to hold them tight against your body when you exercise, don't yo-yo your weight, avoid excess sun, and maintain good health habits. (If you get pregnant and nurse, your breasts may change shape and droop more.)

The good news is, if your breasts get too droopy later in life you can still have a mastopexy, but you may never even need one.  In the meantime you look really beautiful and awesome.  Enjoy!

Gravity is inevitable and you aren't frozen in time so some changes

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants and sag

The breasts may descend some more with time.  Everyone is different and will respond differently to the new size and weight.

Breast Changes after Augmentation

Swelling usually reaches its peak at around 2-3 days so you are just beginning to see the normal postop swelling start to go down.  It is normal to have an increase in upper breast fullness initially that will decrease over time as the implants settle into their final position.  Follow your doctor's instructions and discuss any questions you may have.  He has done a very nice job and you should have a good long term result. 

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Maintaining your breast augmentation results

I know you have invested a lot in yourself and would like to maintain your great results.  Now that you have "large" breasts, time and gravity will take their toll on your body, including your breasts. To postpone or prevent the effects of time and gravity, I tell all of my patients that it is important to wear support from the time of surgery and beyond. Thank you for sharing your photos and question. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD