Post FUE, Itching and very small pimples. Is this normal or a sign of infection? (photos)

I had 1500 grafts FUE about 20 days ago. My recipient area is little red, itchy and very small pimples. Pimples look like ring worm, I am not sure what is it. 

NeoGraft

Thank you for your question. Pimples and redness are common recovery effects, but you should still consult with your board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

20 days post FUE

Your recipient area looks good. Itching is not unommon but do not scratch or it will lead to an infection. If you are worried about it, see your surgeon

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Follow up with your Doctor to be safe

Hello dear Adave,
It is typical to be a little red and itchy. You may want to contact the doctor who performed the procedure, just to rule out the possibility of folliculitis.
Best of lucks!

William Yates, MD
Buffalo Grove Hair Restoration Surgeon

Redness and pimples may be a normal part of the healing process but it is best to contact your doctor to make sure.

Redness and pimples may be a normal part of the healing process but it is best to contact your doctor to make sure.  Ring worms are not normal.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE hair transplant post op care

If there is redness and pimples it is best to follow up with your doctor to get evaluated and get the proper treament. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon