I have had my fue hair transplant surgery 4 months ago and during this period I experienced significant shock loss?

I have had my fue hair transplant surgery 4 months ago and during this period I experienced singinificant shock loss. I have heard that they normal come back in 3 months or so but in my case it hasn't ? What are the possibilities my native hair will grow back? How long should I wait to see my native hair come back?

Shock loss or ?

We recommend that patients continue/start finasteride before having a hair transplant and continue it for the next 6 months to minimize the shock loss.   At this point, 4 months after FUE the native hairs that were lost due to shock loss may or may not return.  It depends on if those lost hairs were at the end of their life cycle and destined to be lost anyway.  

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Shock hair loss is generally considered permanent if it happens in the recipient area. They are the hairs that

Shock hair loss is generally considered permanent if it happens in the recipient area.  They are the hairs that would have fallen out over time due to your genetic hair loss pattern.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Shock loss

The younger a man is, the greater the degree of hair loss. Men in their 20s are most at risk and the only thing that can prevent this is discussed in the video below

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Shock loss after an FUE

The hair will typically come back UNLESS the hair was on its last life cycle before the procedure or was damaged during the procedure.  Try using minoxidil to speed the growth process.  I'd give it bit more time, be patient.   

Justin Misko, MD
Lincoln Hair Restoration Surgeon