Still have scabs after FUE hair transplant? (Photo)

I posted a question about scabs a couple of weeks ago. The thing is I have still been having scabs after an fue transplant which took 2 months ago almost 3. And the responses I got was to wash my scabs properly, apply oil on the scabs etc etc and as far as I am aware I have been doing all that to the best of my ability. I just see the best option to remove scabs is through my nails/hands. The scabs have completely dried out. Is it advisable doing so. Please suggest the best alternatives.

Scabs remain after 2 weeks

An FUE is treated just like a regular hair transplant with regard to the recipient area, but the donor area has open wounds which require daily washing with soap and water. Within 3 days of surgery, you can resume full activities, heavy exercises if you wish. The recipient area requires daily washes as well to keep the recipient area free of crusts. I generally recommend the use of a sponge and supply my patient with a surgical sponge to fill with soapy water and press on the recipient area daily. By repeating this daily, all crusts can be washed off without any fear of losing grafts. IF any crust are present, use a Q tip and dip it into soapy water, and roll it on the crusts and that will lift them off without dislodging them, but never rub them, just roll the Q tip on the recipient crust. I like to see no evidence of any crusting in the recipient area and the crusts from the donor area gone in 7-10 days with daily washing,.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

If you still have scabbing after 2 months, it likely means you are not washing your scalp as well. Contact your

If you still have scabbing after 2 months, it likely means you are not washing your scalp as well.  Contact your doctor for a follow up exam.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon