I am just a bit concerned if this is natural and if it will hinder the growth of the new hair? (Photos)

I had my FUE HT 27 days ago. As you can see in the pictures, there hasn't been a lot of shedding of the transplanted hair. I'd say just about 30-40% of the transplanted hair have shed (some of which came off with the scabs while a few in showers). I am just a bit concerned if this is natural and if it will hinder the growth of the new hair? Please also comment on my head's healing.

Shedding of hair after FUE

Patient results may vary however typically at 2 to 4 weeks you will see shedding but, not in everyone.At 2-3 months you may or may not see the growth of fine hair.Thicker and more visible hair usually appear at 4-6 months.So far, based on the photo at 27 days you are on track.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

If you are concerned after surgery, it is best to contact your doctor before contacting strangers on the Internet.

If you are concerned after surgery, it is best to contact your doctor before contacting strangers on the Internet.  Shedding can be normal.  Some have more than others.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

NeoGraft

Thank you for your question. Typically with NeoGraft Hair Restoration, patients experience shedding at the 3-4 month mark and regrowth at the 6 month mark. I suggest that you schedule a follow-up consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

I am just a bit concerned if this is natural and if it will hinder the growth of the new hair

Thank you for posting your question. From the history you provided, and considering the photos, everything looks to be where it should be. 8 to 10 days after hair transplant procedure, it is normal to lose the implanted grafts. Takes 3 to 4 months to start seeing roughly around 10 to 15% growth, 6 months to see 50% and up to 14 months to see 100% growth. Hope this helps. 

Matt Tahsini, MD
Pasadena Hair Restoration Surgeon

27 days since surgery

You are looking good for 27 days after surgery. With some luck, the hairs will stay in and grow out to a longer length without falling out. 27 days is a good start

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon