My right upper lip is raised compared to left. What can I do? (Photo)

I wonder if this is curable?And is there any natural way to cure this?it spoils my face.please help

Doctor Answers 5

My right upper lip is raised compared to left. What can I do?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello Phephra - Thanks for your question. I have some experience correcting this normal minor asymmetry. It involves the use of Botox to the right nasal elevator muscles along with a right nostril lowering procedure to release the natural upward tether on the lip. It works beautifully to lower the nostril 1-2mm, lowering the lip in the process. Find a facial cosmetic surgery specialist to help you achieve success in this procedure. Good luck, Dr. Shah

Botox Relaxes Lip Muscles/Lip Augmentation with Fillers

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
would either use Botox to relax the muscles that are lifting one side
of your lip and pulling down on the other, and/or inject a thin
filler such as Restylane that could even out the lips. Please see an
expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 203 reviews

My right upper lip is raised compared to left. What can I do?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  As you are not looking to add substantial volume to your lips I would recommend placement of a thin hyaluronic acid dermal filler, such as restylane silk for improved definition and shape to the lips.  

Asymmetric lips fix

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
This can be improved using small amounts of an HA filler like Restylane. This needs to be done by an expert so as not to make the lip too big. It would be a short procedure and last about 4-6 months.

Steven F. Weiner, MD
Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 53 reviews

Lip Augmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to discuss a corner lip lift, which can help create a more uniform lip line post procedure by using tiny incisions above the outer corners of the mouth.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 123 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.