Smoking after hair transplant?

I smoked a cigrate after three days of hair transplatation..is it harmful for me and my hairs will grow or not....? Kindly describe me

Smoking after hair transplant

Cigrate smoking after three days of hair transplatation is not a good idea! please stop to smoking for at least 1 week after HT because it decrease viability of grafts 

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Smoking and FUE

As a doctor I always recommend avoiding tobacco products/smoking. However, to answer your question you need to avoid it for at least a few days before and after a hair transplant as this decreases the blood supply to the scalp/skin/brain etc.There are approximately 600 ingredients in cigarettes, the majority of which are harmful to cells.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Smoking is not generally recommended after surgery. If you are concerned it is best to check with your doctor.

Smoking is not generally recommended after surgery. If you are concerned it is best to check with your doctor for options on how to address your problem.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Smoking is bad for your hair, skin and entire body

Smoking causes vasoconstriction. This means that the blood vessels that bring oxygen and nutrients to every tissue in your body will be a little bit narrower and therefore providing less of those essential nutrients. I'm not saying that your hair transplant is ruined but the less you smoke, the healthier your scalp and hair will be.  The rest of your body will also thank you for it.

Jennifer Krejci, MD
San Antonio Dermatologist

Smoking after HT

It is thought that smoking reduces the graft blood supply and therefore deprives the grafts of the needed oxygen

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Smoking after hair transplant?

Smoking 3 days after a hair transplant is a bad idea. It constricts the blood flow to your grafts, and for that matter, to all of your skin, brain and heart. It can make you lose the ability of your follicles in the grafts to produce hair.

At a minimum I would wait for two weeks to smoke after the procedure.