I was using minoxidil for 6-7 months and now I have stopped using it. Will I have to regrow my lost healthy hair?

I was using minoxidil for 6-7 months. & now I have stopped using it. I have experienced some hair loss after stopping the treatment. I had a very thick scalp & good amount of hair. I started with minoxidil because I was loosing about 10-15 hair a day. Will the hair that I have lost due to minoxidil grow back . because 1) my age is just 20 so I am still young enough to get back the hair that I have lost 2) no one in my family is bald even my grandparents have good amount of hair.

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Spironolactone

On average, a person looses 50-100 hairs/day. Discontinuing minoxidil should not effect growth of your normal hair. Please seek an expert if you have a new onset of hair loss. Best, Dr. Emer

Minoxidil

Normal hair does not get dependent upon minoxidil so if you stop if after months of use, your normal hair should be fine

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

I was using minoxidil for 6-7 months and now I have stopped using it. Will I have to regrow my lost healthy hair

Greetings

Thank you  for your question.  Stem cells are one of the most popular topics in the science area and it is a well-known fact that the life was built on the shoulders of these cells. Stem cells are used in treatment of many diseases today. Aesthetic plastic surgery is another area that stem cells are used for their advantages. Stem cells are obtained from the own adipose tissue of the patient. It can be stated that stem cells transferred to another place in the body yields rejuvenating, refreshing and repairing effects on the tissue. “Organic Hair Transplantation” method uses the advantages of the stem cells at the maximum level.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon