Is there any side effects of fractional laser treatment?

I am thinking to undergo fractional laser treatment for my neck scar but i am worried about its side effects. Is there any harmful effects of laser treatment? Thank you

Side effects possible with any laser procedure

Yes, side effects are possible and include scarring, infection and skin colour changes. I suggest you see a Board certified Plastic or Dermatologist for an evaluation and consultation discussing the risks of the procedure. 
All the bestDr Davin Lim

Brisbane Dermatologist

There are two types of fractional lasers now, the more gentle, erbium-type fractional lasers, like the Fraxel (often called “non-ablative” by doctors), and the CO2 (carbon dioxide) laser systems. A series of treatments (generally 3-5) are performed, usually one every 3-8 weeks. The benefits of fractional laser treatments are achieved with little discomfort and minimal risk. The main side effects are temporary swelling, redness, an accentuation of the brown spots, crusting, and an occasional bruise or small superficial blister (like a sunburn blister). Your laser center should review with you side effects in your consent form.

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Yes.  There are many risks of fractional laser treatments, but if pre and post-operative instructions are followed the risks are significantly reduced.

The attached link provides more information.

Timothy R. Miller, MD