What are the side effects of finasteride?

I am from India. 5 months ago i had hair transplant. from that time i am taking finasteride (Tab- Fine) which was prescribed by the doctor. Now I just want to know what are the side effects of finasteride ? Some where i read that its continuous usage affects fertility.

Side effects of Propecia can be found on the paper (drug insert) of your medication.

All medications have side effects.

It is best to discuss these issues with your doctor before taking any medication.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Side effects of finasteride

There are many side effects of finasteride which can be found in the link below. Read it all carefully so that you become an expert on this drug before you take it

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Finasteride Side Effects

Finasteride is an excellent medication for the treatment of androgenic alopecia.  It is prescribed as a 1 mg tablet otherwise known as Propecia.  There are several categories of side effects.  The side effects that people worry the most about are sexual:  decreased libedo, erectile dysfunction, and ejaculate disorders.  These typically occur in less then 3% of people.  Other side effects include breast tenderness or enlargement, and depression.  I always recommend consulting with a physician prior to starting any medication.  

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS
Portland Hair Restoration Surgeon