Is PRP therapy good for androgenic alopecia? (Photo)

I have done hair transplant(FUE) 6000 graft 4 years my hair is loosing scalp is very oily need to wash every day.can PRP cure my problem?

PRP benefits for Hair

PRP has been shown in several studies to benefit patients with hair loss both with or without hair transplant.  We use PRP on a regular basis and have seen many patients with great results.  More and more studies will  be done and are likely to show a benefit.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

PRP therapy and Hair Transplants NYC

There is definitely theory to support the benefit of PRP especially in patients who had hair transplants.  These transplanted hairs will benefit even more from PRP.  Please consult an expert for the best results.

Yes PRP can maintain hair growth

Agree with other doctors on this forum. It is ideal for hair transplantation as donor dominance from the transplanted areas (back of scalp), makes the hair grow thicker. Studies have shown an increase uptake of donor grafts when PRP is done in conjunction with hair transplantation. 

Additionally, it can maintain, and in some cases increase hair thickness, and density in the recipient site years after the graft. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser Dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

PRP use in AGA

Thank you for the question. Androgenetic Alopecia is a chronic and progressive medical condition. In my experience PRP has been effective in the treatment of both men and women with genetic pattern hair loss. I have used PRP both at the time of surgical hair transplantation and as a stand alone procedure. I have had both men and women benefit from these treatments. Are you taking any other medical treatment to stabilize your hair loss?

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

PRP with existing HT? ENGLEWOOD Cliffs, NJ

In my opinion, the people who get the best results with PRP are those who have had a previous hair transplant. The transplanted hairs grow faster and get thicker than the natural hairs. I do believe it that it is due to the fact that the donor hair location is less subjected to DHT effects. As far as your oily scalp, I would recommend a ketoconazole shampoo. Ketoconazole has anti DHT effects as well as anti seborrheic effects. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon