My lower lip is uneven in shape. What is the solution to this? (Photo)

Ia there a surgical process or it can be done using some medication. It happened wheny teeth broke and got stuck in there. Which was removed later kindly tell me the solution

Lower Lip and Asymmetry

A small amount of filler will correct this problem but this is an expert filler technique. Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip revision

Hi Vineet,

From the photo and your description, it appears that you have some scarring in the wet mucosa of your lower lip. This scar has created the extra bulk and asymmetry that you dislike. This is a common occurrence after trauma.

Fortunately, you seem to be well-suited for a scar revision in the office to address the extra tissue volume from the scar. This can be done safely and under local anesthesia only (you would be awake). The whole procedure and be done quickly and with very minimal pain, especially if a topical anesthetic is applied beforehand. Typically, sutures used are dissolvable and will fall out on their own.

Hope that helps,

Alexander M. Sailon, MD

Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia

Alexander M. Sailon, MD
McLean Physician

A kind solution for lip scarring--lasers, surgical repair, possible fillers

This can be improved with lasers or a surgical repair and possible fillers. I suggest you see an expert in scarring.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lower lip is uneven after trauma

This might be surgically removed under local anesthesia in the office. This should be very quick and a short recovery time.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

My lower lip is uneven in shape. What is the solution to this?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  Depending on your goal appearance, if you are just looking to achieve greater symmetry between your right and left lower lip I would recommend having a scar revision performed to reduce the bulk of the injured side to better match the other.  Hope this helps.