I am having umbilical hernia. Is it possible yo do cool sculpting in lower abdomen?

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
Coolsculpting should not be done if there is a hernia

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Umbilical hernia and Coolsculpting

Umbilical hernias are fairly prevalent in the population, and I would not recommend Coolsculpting in patients with any sort of abdominal hernia.  As a plastic surgeon, I do repair hernias either as a primary procedure or when they present when I am planning liposuction or a tummy tuck.  For patients that present with a hernia but are otherwise a candidate for Coolsculpting, I would present them with two options:
1) Fix hernia first and then proceed several months later with Coolsculpting
2) Fix hernia and do liposuction at the same time to reduce the fatty tissue associated with their concerns.
Hope this helps.

Coolsculpting with an umbilical hernia?

It is absolutely not recommended for someone who has had any type of abdominal hernia to have any sort of abdominal coolsculpting, even after the hernia has been repaired.  

Hernia

Coolsculpting may not be performed on an umbilical hernia. I would consult your physician about removing the hernia first, then other options can be explored for your body contouring needs. Best of luck.

David P. Rapaport, MD

CoolSculpting If You Have An Umbilical Hernia

You cannot do CoolSculpting over the area of a hernia. In your case, the applicator cannot be applied over your belly button. If you just want your lower abdomen treated, then the applicator can be placed in such a way to avoid your belly button. See an experienced physician CoolSculpting provider that can evaluate your hernia in person and determine whether the treatment can be done. 

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Coolsculpting and umbilical hernia

Coolsculpting is a great procedure for reducing the bulge in a given area.  However, if you are interested in the abdominal area and you a hernia I would recommend surgery and not coolsculpting.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with coolsculpting. 

CoolSculpting and umbilical hernia

CoolSculpting should not be performed over an area of an umbilical hernia.  If the treatment area is above or below the hernia, then it is possible that a treatment could be done.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon