Hairs growing on upper lip after cleft lip revison done. (photo)

Hi, I am 27 Years Male, I have my cleft lip revison done about 40 days ago. Now the problem is there are hairs growing on my upper lip. I am not able to consult my surgeon as he is currently unavailable and will be there after 3 days, meanwhile can somebody help me figure out what caused this and the procedure to correct the same.

Problem hair in cleft lip revision surgery

It appears that the hairs are few in number. There are several ways to remove the unwanted hairs: non-surgical and surgical. 

The non surgical methods could be those for removing hair at any site by using skin laser or electrolysis however for skin laser this works best when there is a great difference between natural skin colour and the colour of the hair and its hair follicle which might not be so good for yourself.

As the hairs are few it would be a simple little local anaesthetic procedure to remove the hairs surgically and this would not detract from the overall aesthetic result.

London Plastic Surgeon

Hairs on upper lip

Without having been in the surgery, it is hard to say, but my best guess is that some skin from the upper lip (where hair grows) was rotated into that area.Best to discuss with your cleft surgeon to see what the next step isBest of luckDr Rodman

Regina Rodman, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon