Hair transplantation. Doctor advice me after hair transplantation spray normal saline and after 15 days spray monoxidil.

Doctor advice me after hair transplation spray normal sline and after 15 days spray monoxidil..can i spray normal sline after spray monoxidil...and when i take shower and use water on scalp...? Kindly tell me

Minoxidil after FUE

Your hair transplant doctor gave you instructions to spray the transplant area with saline likely to help remove the crusty clots.Our office does something similar with a surgical sponge and special shampoo.When patients are already on minoxidil, we recommend stopping it for the procedure and resuming it on day 7 after their hair transplant.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

If your doctor told you what to you after surgery and give you specific instructions, you should follow it.

If your doctor told you what to you after surgery and give you specific instructions, you should follow it.  If you are not sure about your doctors instructions, it is best to contact your doctor for any questions and clarifications.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Post operative care

Yur doctor gave you advice, so follow it. Within 3 days of surgery, you can resume full activities, heavy exercises if you wish. The recipient area requires daily washes as well to keep the recipient area free of crusts. I generally recommend the use of a sponge and supply my patient with a surgical sponge to fill with soapy water and press on the recipient area daily. By repeating this daily, all crusts can be washed off without any fear of losing grafts. IF any crust are present, use a Q tip and dip it into soapy water, and roll it on the crusts and that will lift them off without dislodging them, but never rub them, just roll the Q tip on the recipient crust. I like to see no evidence of any crusting in the recipient area and the crusts from the donor area gone in 7-10 days with daily washing.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon