Hair loss and PCOS sufferer. What are my treatment options?

I am 25 years old suffering from PCOS from last 10 years. PCOS has also caused male pattern alopecia. I have been on BCP from last 8 years and it took care of extreme hair loss, acne and hirustism. Recently all of a sudden my pills stopped working all together, I have oily skin and major hairloss and I noticed this hairloss is female pattern. what could have triggered the hairloss, why my medicines has suddenly given up on me?

Thanks for your query. Proper investigation is required to diagnose the underlying problem. You can show it to a gynaecologist for proper treatment of pcos and start using minoxidil to stop the hair fall. Hope it helps.
All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Spironolactone

I suggest a formal consultation there are many treatment options depending on the level or extent of disease/loss.  Best, Dr. Emer.

PCOS in female

I would have to see photos of you to find out where you are on the balding scale. If you are just thinning, then scalp micropigmentation, a non-surgical treatment for thinning in women, is an excellent option. See below

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon