Gynecomastia or pseudo-gynecomastia? (Photo)

Hi, I'm 26, not obese and i had puffy nipples since i can remember (15 yrs maybe). I feel little firm disc beneath my nipple area. My plastic surgeon had a good look at it and said that the breast tissue was as normal as anyone else's. He said that i had some muscle mass inside but also had some excess chest fat. He did Liposuction (no excision) this Monday. I'll share post-op photos later this week. Can anyone tell me, looking at my photos, that if it was just fat or i might be having gyno?

Gynecomastia or Pseudo-Gynecomastia

Gynecomastia is the excessive growth of the gland or breast tissue causing enlargement of the male chest. In the United States 57% adult men and 36% young adult men have gynecomastia. There are several types of the condition and it is characterized by excess breast skin, excessive glandular tissue development and excessive localized fat. Unfortunately, the appearance of large breasts in men can cause a negative impact on self-confidence. The good news is there is something that can be done about it with gynecomastia surgery, also known as gynecomastia.Among the different types of #gynecomastia there are two in which you may be experiencing.

Pseudo-Gynecomastia is composed of adipose tissue instead of glandular tissue. This type of gynecomastia can be treated with diet, liposuction or surgery.
Severe Gynecomastia commonly affects those who have lost skin elasticity at an older age and those who have been obese or overweight at one point in their life and lost weight may have saggy skin and breasts that are severely enlarged. Surgery is the recommended treatment for severe gynecomastia. To better distinguish the category your condition may be within, it's necessary to consult in-person with a plastic surgeon.

Also, there are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding. Consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon is highly suggested in order to determine if you are a surgery candidate and what treatments are best for you.

Gynecomastia Indian AK

To me looks like gynecomastia.

How should I choose a surgeon?
Choose carefully. The decision is yours. Advice to assist in making your selection.Only a board certified plastic surgeon
1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience.
2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures, the better. Pay attention whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient.
3.Only gynecomastia Reviews matter.
4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery?
Be realistic about your expectations. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.

Mordcai Blau, MD

Gynecomastia?

Thank you for your question and photos. Unfortunately, it is not possible to tell for certain from a picture if you have gynecomastia tissue . If your Plastic Surgeon examined you and said that liposuction alone was sufficient, then you probably have minimal or no glandular tissue. I would recommend close follow-up with your surgeon until the swelling is gone and you see your final results. Best of luck

Steven L. Robinson, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia

This is most likely gynecomastia given the history you provided. Pseudogynecomastia is often seen after weight loss and is mostly just excess skin. Firmness usually correlates to extra glandular tissue. Liposuction is often a good treatment for minimal cases of gynecomastia. Good luck with your surgery!

Jeffrey Gusenoff, MD
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon