Do breast implants always come as a pair?

Surgeon suggested to have 320cc and 300 cc different size silicone implants to get symitric augumentation. Ok. Bt he said for that i need to pay double because implants come as a pair and the other pair wil not be useful to anybody. Is that true? Do they come as a pair only??

Do breast implants always come as a pair

Implants are sold individually, not as a pair. I think you might want to search for a new plastic surgeon as it appears there is something not right going on

Do implants come as a pair

No, they don't come as a pair, they are individually packaged.  Many women have to have two different sized implants and definitely are NOT charged double.  Make sure you are seeing a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  

Chad Robbins, MD

Breast augmentation

This is strange. No the implants come as single individual units. Is it possible that you did not understand what the surgeon was trying to say?? Otherwise, this is not true

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Implants are packaged separately

Women commonly need different size implants. Implants are boxed separately and sold individually and there should not be any kind of up charge for using different size implants. If a plastic surgeon actually told you this, I would suggest you run away from the practice and report them to the ethics board of the ASPS. Nothing could be more untrue. I'm sorry you had such an experience. 
Dr. Marcus Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

No, breast implants are not sold as a pair; they are sold individually. The use of different breast implants, for the same patient, without additional cost, is quite common.  What you have heard, unless there has been a misunderstanding, should be a "red flag" to you.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link/video, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Implants are sold individually

Breast implants are sold individually. They do not come as a pair. It very common to place different size implants as there may be large asymmetries between the left and right breasts. I recommend another consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to help achieve your wanted results. Best of luck.

Interesting question.  Implants are typically sold individually.  It is quite common to use two different sized implants in women with a size difference or to replace one implant for whatever reason.  You should have at least one more consultation at least to discuss this issue so you don't over pay.  Best of luck.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon