4.5 months after cheek liposuction, and I have hallow cheeks and asymmetrical stiff smile. What can be done? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 2
Problems after facial liposuction
This is the nerve that helps your lips muscles move.
this almost always corrects itself with time though it can take up to a year or even longer.
I would not jump into corrective surgery for the volume too soon.
Six months at minimum though you're getting close to that at this point.
you could try temporary filler's to see what volume restoration can achieve, get an idea of how much volume you will need long-term and where it should be placed.
fat transfer may be an option though it is much more unpredictable than fillers.
It may also require multiple treatments which is generally a good approach since each treatment can carefully work towards achieving the look you want.
Best of luck,
Mats Hagstrom M.D.
Cheek liposuction - dind't work out
- I am so sorry this happened -
- Facial liposuction unfortunately does not always have good results -
- So many plastic surgeons avoid it.
- You need an in-person consultation with a plastic surgeon - and please take a copy of your operative report with you.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.