What's causing the brown spots on my face? How can I stop it? (Photo)

Ma skin is hypersensitive to any cosmetic product ....and from last two year m geting Dis brown spots in ma whole face nd dey become darker nd darker as days passing on....could you please suggest any treatment for Dis spots

Brown spots - sun damage, age related or hormonal?

I am unsure of the nature of your brown spots, really do need to have a better look. If this melasma or hormonal pigmentation it  can not be completely cured, however effective treatment are possible. This is because your skin is extremely sensitive to UV and even the smallest amount can stimulate your pigment cells to produce colour. The mainstay of treatment is strict UV protection- hats, sunglasses and SPF every 4 hours. I prefer to use a combination of creams and laser for melasma. Hydroquinone can be used (5-8%), along with vitamin A creams. I usually start my patients on laser (low dose Q switch or Picosure) a few weeks after they commence on creams.In some cases I combine glycolic AHA peels, and in other cases I use a tablet called Tranexamic acid to help. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Q switched erbium laser

The q switched erbium laser which is used for tattoo removal is safer for any color of skin. This can be very effective for darker skin and and even out these darker areas with no downtime. Expect a few sessions.

Morris Westfried, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Brown Spots on the Face

Brown spots are caused by pigmentation known as melanin which is released by the skin. It’s main purpose is to offer protection from UV rays originating from the sun.

Therefore, it acts in a manner similar to sunscreen.

However, it can also arise in response to other forms of damage such as acne inflammation, or the even the misuse of cosmetic skin lasers.

Sometimes the combination of hormones and prolonged sun exposure can facilitate the formation of brown spots.

You may want to seek the help of a qualified dermatologist who can use laser tools like Fraxel Dual which breaks up the pigment and its holding structures so that the lymphatic system can carry away the resulting fragments. This is a rather effective, quick and safe approach to regaining a clear complexion. Fraxel Dual uses special energy wavelengths which is safe for all ethnicities.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon