Non surgical treatment for neck? (Photo)

Is there non invasive treatment for neck fat and double chin.

Yes there are...

Kybella has recently become available in the USA for the treatment of the fat under the chin, the double chin.  It is injected by a doctor and causes the fat to dissolve.  It typically will take 2-4 treatments, and is not a painful procedure.  However, there is some down time afterwards with swelling and irritation that can take a couple weeks to resolve.   I hope this helps.   Marla Klein MD

Lake Oswego Dermatologic Surgeon

Yes! There are nonsurgical options to treat double chins

Thank you for your question. Based on the photo you submitted, it appears as though you have some excess fat in the submental region (commonly known as a double chin) which is contributing to a less defined jawline.

Kybella would be a great, non-invasive option for you as it is the first FDA-approved injectable medication for the elimination of submental fat. Treatments are performed in 6 week intervals, and most patients will need 2-3 treatments to achieve the desired results.

Ultimately if you are interested in improving the appearance of your chin and neck, please consult with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to determine a treatment plan that will provide you with the best results.

I hope this answer is helpful! Best of luck.

Tracy Leong, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Non surgical treatment for neck

Non surgical options for helping to treat neck fat in a double chin would include Kybella and CoolSculpting.  Kybella is an injection that would require a series of treatments spaced over time to gradually reduce the fat.  CoolSculpting does not involve an injection but uses an applicator that is placed over the area and draws the tissue in to freeze the fat, which destroys a portion of the fat cells.  This could also require more than one treatment to obtain to desired result.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Double Chin Treatment

Thanks for your question and photo.  You look like a good candidate for Kybella, which is an FDA approved injectable medication for use in the elimination of submental fat.  You will need several treatments, usually done 6 weeks apart.  Most patients do need 2-3 treatments to get to their best result.  However, this is a costly route, but patients do seem to be pleased with their results and feel it is well worth it.  Best of luck.

Non Surgical Treatment for Neck Improvement

An examination would be important for the best opinion by a board certified plastic surgeon.
Here is some general information however on non surgical options:
  1. Amount of excess fat typically found beneath the chin, and in the upper neck. Kybella injections can improve this.
  2. Presence of Significant (Platysmal) Banding – this requires bringing the muscles together in the upper/mid neck to a more youthful position and occasionally their release. This procedure is called a platysmaplasty or platysma plication. Mild banding can be treated non- surgically with Botox or Dysport but this requires injections 3-4 times a year for maintenance.
  3. Amount of excess/redundant skin (cutis laxa) and condition of your skin. Mild to minimal skin tightening using non-surgical means like the Sciton Laser SkinTyte procedure, Ultherapy or Thermage could also be considered. My personal preference for non-surgical skin tightening of the neck is the Sciton Laser BBL SkinTyte® procedure as there is no down time, more comfortable procdure, is effective and is a more targeted treatment.
  4. Chin deficiency. If you have a weak chin then you will not have adequate chin support to your neckline skin which affects your entire neck line. Sometimes especially in younger individuals this is all that is required and this can be done in the office under local anesthesia. There are a number of different sizes and shapes and your plastic surgeon will pick the optimal one for you. Non surgical options include injectable fillers but these are only temporary and have to be repeated.

Non-Surgical Neck Lift

Thank you for your question in regards to a non-surgical neck lift. Kybella is the first and only FDA-approved injectable treatment that physically destroys fat cells to improve the appearance of moderate to severe fat beneath the chin - also known as a "double chin. To be sure what would be best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Non Surgical Neck Lift

Non-Surgical Neck Lift
Your non-surgical options are dictated by your specific needs which may include any of the below measures:
1)improving banding: Botox
2)improving under the chin fullness: Liposuction with oral sedation
3)improving skin looseness: VIORA REACTION radiofrequency
A consultation would allow a doctor to customize your treatment plan.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Nonsurgical treatment for double chin

Kybella is the best nonsurgical treatment for excess fat and double chin of the neck. Kybella is composed of a bile acid and is injected in the neck and causes the fat cells to die. This can result in a permanent reduction of the fullness in the neck due to excess fat. The treatment may require a series of treatments 4 to 6 weeks out from each other.

I hope this helps