Very severe since 1 year - After moving to Bangalore in 2015, I started having severe hair fall.

I checked vitamin d,b12 ferritin, protein and sugar levels.everything is normal..I am taking multivitamins and biotin tablets since two months.My hair fall never reduced and my hair has reduced to a sleek pony. My family history don't have any hair fall issues.Three weeks back I started taking minoxidil 2% on dermo recommendation but no luck. Also it has started making my hair dry and brittle.Please tell me what to do?

If you are losing hair and want treatment options you should schedule a consultation with a doctor.

If you are losing hair and want treatment options you should schedule a consultation with a doctor.  There is no generic cure for genetic balding.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Recent Hair Loss

The minoxidil takes time to work but you may be having an issue with it. In addition to the tests you list a thyroid panel might be a consideration as low thyroid is associated with hair loss.Did your dermatologist give you a diagnosis? You should see her/him again.

Brian Goertz, MD
Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon

Move home to different city

I would assume that the move added to your stress. If you have genetic hair loss genes, then that stress would set you up for acceleration of genetic hair loss. See a doctor and find out for sure

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon