Age 24, horrible genetic under-eye bags (photos)

I am 24 years old and I suffer from horrible under eye bags. It's genetic and I am at my wits end. Surgery is out of question at this point but will fillers help me? Am I a good candidate for fillers? I have no knowledge on the subject. What kind of filler would be most apt for me? Please help. Any information as to the treatment,doctor would be greatly appreciated (I am from mumbai,india)

Doctor Answers 2

Filler injections for very deep tear trough–nasojugal fold

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question.  You're very pretty young lady.  The most striking feature I see is a dark circle or depression running from your nose out beneath your lower eyelids.  At your age a trial of a small amount of Restylane, no more than 0.6 cc placed by an expert plastic surgeon who is board certified and experienced an oculoplastic surgery could be a good option for you.  Be sure to find an expert.  Inexpert injector's can leave visible gray lumps with Restylane injections.

Eye bags in 20s

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Based on your photos it looks like you are an excellent candidate for filler injections to add volume to your tear trough area and the inner part of your upper cheeks. This is a very common problem in south asian patients.

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 182 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.