What procedures should I go for armpit fat/ axillary breast removal? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 5
Correcting axillary bulge
- From the photo, I suspect you will need a combination of liposuction and removal of excess skin -
- With the incision hidden in the axilla.
- My patients from India tend to have loose skin - and excision is more common than in some other groups.
- But an exam is needed to be sure -
- So please see a plastic surgeon for a specific plan.
What procedures should you go for armpit fat?
Far more important than deciding if liposuction or a BBL is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that! See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!
Axillary bulges can be cause by fat, by the tail of the breast or more often by a combination of the two.
If fat is predominant liposuction is usually the best solution involving minimal scarring.
In some cases a small skin excision is required and this could be done through a small incision in the armpit so that the scar is well hidden.
You might also like...
Liposuction of the inner thigh is common and easy
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.