2 months post Male Breast Reduction, right side of chest is still bigger than the left and its puffy. (photo)

HI doctors this is dinesh 1. please see the right side chest ihave still bigger than left side sum Puffyness im fealing uncomfort 2. I lose my nipple sensation when I get it back? 3. Nipple area ther is hard lump doctor 4. This is my problems Please give me a suggestion doctor

Healing & Assymetry After Gynecomastia Surgery

Asymmetry during the healing process is not at all uncommon after any breast surgery. Also, your incisions will go through a maturation #process following #Gynecomastia #surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Gynecomastia post op swelling

So far your results look good, it is tough to really appreciate your asymmetry without an in person exam.  I always tell my gynecomastia patients it takes a minimum of four months and up to six for all the swelling to resolve.  It is not uncommon for there to be asymmetry in the post op period and I would not be discouraged.  Wait another two to four months and if there is still asymmetry then, it's possible a revision would be warranted.  At this point just try and be patient, so far it really is looking good! 

Melinda Haws, MD

Concerns following gynecomastia surgery

2 months is still early to determine final appearance following your procedure.  There is still likely swelling that will resolve and often times, one breast will heal at a different pace than the other. Nipple sensation and sensory nerve recovery can be asymmetric and unpredictable and can take several months (up to a year in some cases) to normalize.  The hard area beneath the areola is fibrous tissue that is difficult to remove with liposuction techniques alone.  If it persists than you may require a small incision beneath the areola to allow for this firm area to be excised.  Hope this answer is helpful and best of luck with your recovery and long term results.

Al Cohn, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon