Nose tip dent. Can rhinoplasty be used to cure it? (Photo)

There is a dent in my nose tip . It is still growing . It started looking 5 year ago . Then i had cold and i started dragging air through my nose strongly and countinously . After that this happened . It make my look very aukward and unpleasing . Is rhinoplasty can be used to cure it. I am in depression due to it. Pls help me.

Nose tip dent. Can rhinoplasty be used to cure it?

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

nose tip dent correction

Dear Aslam

Dent is not because of you breathing habbit

Rhinoplasty will correct the tip  dent

simultaneous correction of dorsal hump will give you a very good shaoe of the nose

Milan Doshi, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD