My nose is not straight. What can I do to make it right? (photos)

Straighter nose

Hello India,

Thank you for your question.  You should first make a consultation appointment with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon or Board Certified Cosmetic Surgeon for an evaluation to best address your goals.

From you photos, you do look like you would be a great candidate for Rhinoplasty surgery.  This would allow you to achieve a straighter nose and possibly help you with any breathing issues, if that is a concern for you.

Best of Luck!

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhino is a good idea

Hello. It looks from the pictures, that you have a large hump and a deviation of your nose. A rhinoplasty would be a great idea to improve the aesthetic appearance of your nose.

Marcelo Ghersi, MD

I want a straighter nose

Thank you for your question and photos. You may be a good candidate for rhinoplasty, however, rhinoplasty is a complex operation and requires a nuanced in-person discussion of your goals, as well as a physical exam. I would suggest a formal consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon so your specific concerns can be gone over in detail, a physical exam be performed, and individualized recommendations be made. Good luck!

My nose is not straight. What can I do to make it right?

Rhinoplasty, is one of the most common plastic surgery procedures performed today. Often, the structure or size of the nose is not proportionate with the other features on the face. Nose reshaping procedures can help to correct the disproportionate appearance of the nose by altering the size or shape of the nose, the span of the nostrils, or the angle between the nose and the upper lip.
In addition, nose reshaping procedures may be performed to correct a nasal birth defect or injury as well as chronic breathing problems. An open Rhinoplasty procedure may last approximately two to four hours.
As with any surgical procedure, you will likely experience some pain, bruising, and swelling, particularly in the upper portion of your face and around your eyes. Depending on your rate of recovery, the bruising will begin to fade and you will be able to return to work within seven to ten days following your procedure.

Michael J. Rodriguez, MD, FAACS
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon