I want to remove a mole on my ear is cautery the best option? How long will it take to heal? (photos)

Cautery?

Please don't even consider cautery for this lesion.  It is dark and on a sun exposed area which makes it absolutely necessary to have the mole sent to a pathologist to make sure it is not malignant.Any dermatologist or plastic surgeon could remove this for you.

Elk Grove Village Dermatologist

Cosmetic Mole Removal -- Lasers, Radiowave, Shave -- See an Expert

Moles can be shaved off, cut out, treated with lasers or radiowaves. Please see an expert for the best solution for you. Best, Dr. Emer 

Mole needs formal excision and pathologic study

Cautery is absolutely the wrong thing to do. A dark mole in a sun exposed region MUST be surgically removed and sent for microscopic pathologic analysis to be certain it isn't a melanoma skin cancer.