Lip lift or fat transfer? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 4
Should I have a permanent lip procedure for my first time?
In a 20 year old patient I may recommend that to start off with a temporary filler such as Juvederm. If you like the appearance you can continue with this type of treatment or consider fat injections for a longer lasting enhancement.
The upper lip lift is permanent and may leave you with a larger upper than lower lip. It also includes a small incision under the base of your nose, and does not address the lower lip.
Be patient and consult with many doctors.
Lip lift for thin lips
- You need a consultation before you have anything done.
- Your photo suggests that the issue may be over-activity of a muscle at the base of the nose - the depressor nasii.
- This can be treated with Botox or with surgery to release the tension on your upper lip.
- You may also benefit from a small lip lift but first the muscle imbalance needs to be discussed.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Lift or Fat
Considering you for a lip lift would be easier if I could see your entire face but you are on the border of what I would call a long upper lip (and therefore a good candidate for lift). A lip lift procedure removes skin beneath the nose to pull up (and roll out) the upper lip. When done correctly it has almost no scarring. Keep in mind your lip would appear even closer to your nose when smiling than it does already.
I would recommend consulting with a board certified specialist who can go over the various ways to customize this procedure for your goals. Good luck!
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.