I wish to ask that can I reduce cup size/ bra size if I exercise enough?

I am 26 yo and always a bit fat. I lost weight two years back and my breasts started to look small, as they were toned but didn't actually had any bra size change. Now I have gained the weight again, my breasts size has increased and they are huge now;36D. My mother used to be thin in her 20s and had smaller breasts but when she got pregnant with the second child she gained a lot of weight and grew breasts (38D, age 56). If I am thin enough, can I reduce my breasts to a comfortable and pleasant size?

Lipo-lift, breast lift, breast reduction, mastopexy, benelli, augmentation mastopexy

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size. It works very well if there are asymmetries. I can also use the removed fat as a natural breast augmentation by grafting the fat back into the breast to create more projection or into the top to create more cleavage. This procedure can also be combined with an implant if needed or wanted.  It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms, cancer risk or breast-feeding. If you gain or lose weight, the transferred fat can do the same.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.  

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon 

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast reduction from weight loss

Yes it is possible that if you lose a significant amount of weight (I am not sure how much you weigh now) that your breast size may decrease as well. Everyone and every body loses weight differently, so it is hard to say exactly what you can expect from weight loss. My recommendation is to first start a healthy eating and exercise routine and try to lose as much weight as you think necessary. If at that point your breasts have not decreased in size, then it is time to start consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast reduction surgery to learn about your options. Best of luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

Thank you for the question. You will find that it is not possible to predict exactly what your breasts will look like once you have achieved your long-term stable weight. Even comparing yourself to your mother is not necessarily reliable.

This is one of those questions that only time will tell; achieve your long-term stable weight and see what happens.  If at that point, you remain concerned about breast size/position, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons to discuss concerns, goals and options.   Best wishes.