I have puffy eye after injecting Juvederm Voluma. It's been 11days! What can I do to treat my eye? (Photo)

I have puffy eye after injecting juvederm voluma. It's been 11days! What can i do to treat my eye?

Voluma In The Tear Trough - Not Recommended

Thank you for your question.  Voluma is a great filler for mid-face correction such as cheek augmentation.  However, I would not inject it into the tear troughs.  If the problem persists after two weeks, I would follow-up with your provider and possibly seek the opinion of an expert physician injector who may consider hyaluronidase to dissolve the product.  Hope this was helpful.

Take Care,
Dr. John Serrao  

I have puffy eye after injecting Juvederm Voluma. What can I do? = as your injector #voluma #puffyeyes

Swelling after dermal fillers in the face and eyes like voluma could be associated with swelling. Post filler swelling could last from just few days to up to 2 to 3 weeks. 

There are several options to treat the post filler injection swelling: ice compresses, steroids, etc.

Patients with swelling around the eyes after filler injection should go back to their licensed injector and ask him/her for specific advice of how to handle the swelling.

John Mesa, MD

I don't like Voluma in the tear troughs

You should return to your practitioner and have the Voluma removed.  I prefer Belotero or Prevelle Silk or Restylane in the tear troughs.

My best,
Dr. Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Voluma injection puffy around eyes

Thank you for asking about your Voluma injection.

• You should return to your doctor and discuss having the excess Voluma dissolved with hyaluronidase.
  • It is a thick material to inject directly under the lids - although it is not wrong to do so.
  • It can lead to the problem you have -it may improve over the next weeks, but probably will not go away.
  • Hyaluronidase will dissolve it - it is fine to wait a while longer but hard to live with.
  • If you have this again, consider having Restylane, Restylane Silk or Belotero instead.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

I have puffy eye after injecting Juvederm Voluma. It's been 11days! What can I do to treat my eye?

Thank you for your question.  I can see your area of concern but would counsel you to give your results more time to mature.  Voluma often takes between 2 and 4 weeks to soften, and the overlying skin and tissues need time to relax and adjust to its final result.   Hope this helps.

Puffy Eye After Voluma

It appears that Voluma was injected too high and around the lower eye area.  If the swelling doesn't resolve after two weeks I would definitely return to your treating physician for Vitrase to help remove the product.  Best, Dr. Green