Is there any way to remove this mole? (photo)

I have developed this mole at the age of 10 yrs. It was first a tiny bit and now it is clearly visible. 

Nose moles got to go.

Excision of the dark nose mole is best but the repair can be either  a simple closure or a punch graft from behind your ear. Both are dermabraded later.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Nose moles got to go.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatment options for nasal moles

You have four options:

1. Observation alone: this mole appears to be benign and, in the absence of significant changes in appearance, does not require treatment.
  2. Laser therapy: this will lighten the mole's color but will not remove it.  This is generally reserved for lighter-colored moles.
  3. Shave excision: under local anesthesia, the mole can be shaved off flush with the skin.  This generally leaves minimal scarring, but there is a significant risk of recurrence.
  4. Excisional biopsy: under local anesthesia, the mole can be removed, and the incision is closed with sutures. The risk of recurrence is minimal, but there will be a permanent linear scar.
I would recommend option 3 (shave excision) for this particular mole due to its prominent location.

Ronald Friedman, MD
Plano Plastic Surgeon

Treatment options for nasal moles

You have four options:

Ronald Friedman, MD
Plano Plastic Surgeon

Mole Removal

Thank you for your question.  It is possible to remove the mole on your nose.  I recommend for you to see a dermatologist to evaluate the mole.  Since the mole has enlarged it is a good idea to biopsy the mole and have it evaluated by a pathologist to ensure the mole is normal.  A shave biopsy would leave a small circular scar that should heal in a week.  The area will be pink for about 4 months but it is possible to have a good cosmetic result.

Mole Removal