Is there any way to remove this mole? (photo)

I have developed this mole at the age of 10 yrs. It was first a tiny bit and now it is clearly visible. 

Nose moles got to go.

Excision of the dark nose mole is best but the repair can be either  a simple closure or a punch graft from behind your ear. Both are dermabraded later.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatment options for nasal moles

You have four options:

1. Observation alone: this mole appears to be benign and, in the absence of significant changes in appearance, does not require treatment.
  2. Laser therapy: this will lighten the mole's color but will not remove it.  This is generally reserved for lighter-colored moles.
  3. Shave excision: under local anesthesia, the mole can be shaved off flush with the skin.  This generally leaves minimal scarring, but there is a significant risk of recurrence.
  4. Excisional biopsy: under local anesthesia, the mole can be removed, and the incision is closed with sutures. The risk of recurrence is minimal, but there will be a permanent linear scar.
I would recommend option 3 (shave excision) for this particular mole due to its prominent location.

Ronald Friedman, MD
Plano Plastic Surgeon

Mole Removal

Thank you for your question.  It is possible to remove the mole on your nose.  I recommend for you to see a dermatologist to evaluate the mole.  Since the mole has enlarged it is a good idea to biopsy the mole and have it evaluated by a pathologist to ensure the mole is normal.  A shave biopsy would leave a small circular scar that should heal in a week.  The area will be pink for about 4 months but it is possible to have a good cosmetic result.

Lisa Zaleski-Larsen, DO, FAAD
San Diego Dermatologist