I have got gynecomastia surgery done through Lipo and gland tissue removed. Any suggestions?

After gynecomastia surgery was done I played a tennis only onceafter 10 days but after that suddenly next day I felt pain in my right arm. Can u please let me know is there will be any harm to my body??

What to Expect after a Male Breast Reduction

The areas after Gynecomastia Surgery may feel “lumpy” or irregular, and should decreases with time. Often massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. Also, the #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. It's possible that any indentations could be addressed with fat grafting or cosmetic filler(s) if eligible.

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

gynecomastia surgery and pain

Thank you for your question. It is unlikely that you did any permanent damage but strenuous physical activity so soon after surgery is not a good idea. It can cause swelling and sometimes bleeding. I recommend a follow-up appointment with your Plastic Surgeon just to be sure, and then follow all post-operative instructions and restrictions. Best wishes.

Steven L. Robinson, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Exercise and pain after gynecomastia surgery

It is unlikely you have done any real harm to your body from playing tennis 10 days after surgery, however your body is definitely sending you a message that it was too soon for physical activity such as that. 

If you are concerned with pain, bruising, swelling, or any other symptoms, please call your plastic surgeon immediately. Otherwise, just keep a close eye on how your body looks/feels, don't push it too much during recovery, and call your ps if you have questions, concerns. 

Best of luck with your recovery!